Maija DiGiorgio is a comedian, filmmaker, and NY-to-LA transplant. In her first year doing stand-up, Maija took the comedy world by storm taping five national TV appearances and has not stopped since. Her hour special for Comedy Dynamics titled Maija! Maija! Maija! recorded at the Tribeca Film Festival in NYC is due out soon. Her Dry Bar Special "Maija Pinion" is currently airing on Amazon Prime and AppleTV has three segments reaching over six million views on the web. Being part of a summer series at the prestigious Here theater in SOHO, her one woman show IncogNegro is being developed into an upcoming special. She is also in the process of recording her first comedy album for 800 Pound Gorilla Records.
Since her impressive start in comedy, Maija has taken her talents to countless prestigious venues worldwide—including the Beacon Theater, the New Orleans Essence Festival, and Scotland’s Edinburgh Festival—as well as TV performances across most major networks including HBO, NBC, Fox, Bet and Showtime. She has shared the stage with many industry standouts—like Dave Chappelle, Kevin Hart, Bill Burr, Wanda Sykes, Mike Epps, Tracy Morgan, and Craig Robinson. Dave Chappelle calls her “Fantastic,” and Bill Burr refers to her as “A f**king star!”
Maija’s comedy examines the complexities of what it means to be a mixed race, multicultural woman. Through her witty nature and playful charisma, she tackles such topics like dating, family, and daily observations in a way that is hilarious, entertaining, and in a dialect any culture can understand.
Maija has developed her reputation as an enthralling comedic performer and outside of standup, she is a notably well-rounded entertainer. Influenced by her mother Sylvia Copeland—renowned concert vocalist and piano prodigy—and Uncle Henry Le Tang—Tony Award Winning choreographer—Maija has always channeled her work through a variety of artistic mediums. She has applied her Meisner training in performing her one-woman, Shakespearean play “RATS!.” She directed the film “Bitter Jester,” which received rave reviews from Variety and The New York Times, and she had established herself as a radio personality co-hosting Hot 97’s “The Morning Show with Ed and Maija”.
It is clear, whether she be telling jokes, acting in plays, making movies, delivering radio, creating sketches, playing drums, singing jazz, or committing to any outlet of her choosing, Maija is clearly an elite performer through and through.
TICKETS AND SEATING
• Please read these rules completely as there will be no exceptions made.
• We are a 21 only club. We will only let people in under 21 if they are with their parents and they must be at least 16.
• If your driver’s license is expired, we will not let you in the club unless you have documentation showing an appointment with DMV. If your ID is not valid, we will not refund your ticket, so please don’t purchase a ticket if you’re not 21 or you don’t have a valid photo ID from the State you reside in, which includes a state ID or Driver’s license.
• ALL TICKET PURCHASES ARE FINAL AND THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS AND NO EXCEPTIONS! IF YOU CAN’T MAKE A SHOW, WE WILL TRY TO MOVE YOU TO ANOTHER SHOW FOR THE SHOW YOU PURCHASED. NO CREDITS WILL BE GIVEN ALL SALES ARE FINAL!
• Bring your email receipt to the ticket window to get your tickets before entering the club. If you’re in a group and the tickets are under your name you can pick up all the tickets for the group. The group has to enter the club together in order to be seated. We will not seat partial groups. We don't reserve tables or move tables and we seat from the stage back and if you have a large group you have to contact us in advance to make arrangements.
Gun and Knife policy
Sandman Comedy Club does not allow guns in the club even if you have a carry and conceal permit. Also, we do not allow knifes in the club. If you check-in carrying a gun or knife you will be asked to take them back to your car before you will be allowed into the club.
QR codes at your table
• At your table we will have QR codes you can use on your phone by turning on your camera and scanning the code.
• You will be able to see our drink and food menu and order from your phone.
• You can start a tab by entering your credit card info once at the beginning and order throughout the show without every adding your info again. This way you don’t have to enter your card info every time you order food and drinks.
• When you’re ready to close your tab, you can do it on your phone.
• Our waitstaff can also take orders from you and place them into the tab you created on your phone.
• If you’re paying by cash our waitstaff can take your orders.
• If you don’t want to use the QR codes and order from your phone or waitstaff will take your orders and you can pay by cash or credit card at the end of the show.
• Our goal is to make it easy for you to order food and drinks throughout the show allowing you to focus on the show and enjoy a great night of laughter.
• If you do not close your tab before you leave the club. We will close the tab and add a 20% gratuity to your tab.
• If you’re having trouble closing your tab, please ask a server for help.