Mo Amer is an Arab American stand up comedian, actor and writer, known for his iconic work with
the comedy troupe "Allah Made Me Funny". Mo was most recently shooting a role in New Line's
BLACK ADAM opposite Dwayne Johnson before executive producing and starring in his Comedy
Special: Mohammed in Texas, which aired on Netflix in November of 2021.
In 2018, Mo debuted his first stand up special on Netflix, entitled "The Vagabond." The special was
filmed at the historic Paramount Theatre in Austin, Texas and features a number of Easter eggs,
including a surprise appearance (off camera) by Amer's longtime mentor Dave Chappelle (credited
as "Announcer"), and original music by members of the legendary Roots crew (beat by Stro, lyrics
by Black Thought). The special was directed by veteran comedy director/producer Stan Nathan.
Additionally, Mo was featured on the 2021 Variety Comics to Watch list.
Amer's television credits include comedy Central's @midnight, TRU TV's Comedy Knockout, and
HBO's Crashing. He also appeared on Bassem Youssef's historic show 'AlBernameg' (aka 'The Daily
Show of Egypt'). Amer made his late night debut on CBS's Late Night with Stephen Colbert, while
Rolling Stone named him among its "10 Comedians You Need to Know." He appeared as a series
regular on the Hulu original series Ramy (co starring with Ramy Youssef) in 2019.
A pioneer in Arab American stand up, Amer's humor consists of observational comedy, political
satire and race related material, heavily drawing on autobiographical elements, as well as his
unique improvised, conversational style. He tells his unusual, circuitous life story, detailing how he
managed to travel the world without a passport for years before finally becoming a U.S. citizen after
two decades; had an American soldier pull a weapon on him (at a military show) in Iraq; and once
had Bradley Cooper (unintentionally) rescue him in the Middle East. Amer has performed in well
over two dozen countries on five continents, and he is the first and only Arab American refugee
comic to perform for U.S. and coalition troops overseas. His sold out shows worldwide include
performances at the Royal Albert Hall and Hammersmith Apollo (London, Acer Arena (Sydney),
Nelson Mandela Theater (Johannesburg), and Shrine Auditorium (Los Angeles).
Additionally, Amer has toured extensively with Chappelle, performing over 600 shows with the
standup legend, including his historic run at Radio City Music Hall, where he shared the stage with
Jon Stewart, Chance The Rapper, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Childish Gambino (Donald Glover), Trevor Noah,
Hannibal Buress and Ali Wong.
Born in Kuwait, Amer fled to the United States as a refugee in 1990 and finally obtained his U.S.
citizenship in 2009. He currently splits his time between New York City and his hometown of
TICKETS AND SEATING
• Please read these rules completely as there will be no exceptions made.
• We are a 21 only club. We will only let people in under 21 if they are with their parents and they must be at least 16.
• If your driver’s license is expired, we will not let you in the club unless you have documentation showing an appointment with DMV. If your ID is not valid, we will not refund your ticket, so please don’t purchase a ticket if you’re not 21 or you don’t have a valid photo ID from the State you reside in, which includes a state ID or Driver’s license.
• ALL TICKET PURCHASES ARE FINAL AND THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS AND NO EXCEPTIONS! IF YOU CAN’T MAKE A SHOW, WE WILL TRY TO MOVE YOU TO ANOTHER SHOW FOR THE SHOW YOU PURCHASED. NO CREDITS WILL BE GIVEN ALL SALES ARE FINAL!
• Bring your email receipt to the ticket window to get your tickets before entering the club. If you’re in a group and the tickets are under your name you can pick up all the tickets for the group. The group has to enter the club together in order to be seated. We will not seat partial groups. We don't reserve tables or move tables and we seat from the stage back and if you have a large group you have to contact us in advance to make arrangements.
Gun and Knife policy
Sandman Comedy Club does not allow guns in the club even if you have a carry and conceal permit. Also, we do not allow knifes in the club. If you check-in carrying a gun or knife you will be asked to take them back to your car before you will be allowed into the club.
QR codes at your table
• At your table we will have QR codes you can use on your phone by turning on your camera and scanning the code.
• You will be able to see our drink and food menu and order from your phone.
• You can start a tab by entering your credit card info once at the beginning and order throughout the show without every adding your info again. This way you don’t have to enter your card info every time you order food and drinks.
• When you’re ready to close your tab, you can do it on your phone.
• Our waitstaff can also take orders from you and place them into the tab you created on your phone.
• If you’re paying by cash our waitstaff can take your orders.
• If you don’t want to use the QR codes and order from your phone or waitstaff will take your orders and you can pay by cash or credit card at the end of the show.
• Our goal is to make it easy for you to order food and drinks throughout the show allowing you to focus on the show and enjoy a great night of laughter.
• If you do not close your tab before you leave the club. We will close the tab and add a 20% gratuity to your tab.
• If you’re having trouble closing your tab, please ask a server for help.